¡Descubre Meribel y el Parc de la Vanoise en verano : una verdadera reserva de aire puro!
The green pastures, doted by rocks and screes, offer to the hikers such a fascinating show: marmots warm their red fur at the sun, alpine ibexes and chamois flutter about from one rock to another while the quiet stream flows down the valley… There is so much to see in summer…
These activities are given as suggestions and are not directly proposed by the agency. Please contact the Tourist Office for any information.
- For an easy walk in a preserved setting, discover la Réserve Naturelle de Tuéda, 10 minutes walking from Mottaret centre. Botanic path, home reserve, restaurant of the lake, pasture farm producing Beaufort cheese, fly-fishing and restaurant Refuge du Plan… come and discover one of the most pleasant area of the valley. Accessible to leashed pets.
- Great hiker? Les Allues valley, where Méribel-Mottaret is located, is part of the Vanoise National Park. Lacs de Mont Coua, Glacier de Gébroulaz, Col du Soufre, Col de Chanrossa… all these names will actually mean something to you after walking in the first national park created in France!
- To admire the summits effortlessly, you may use the lifts to reach the top of La Saulire (2738m) or Tougnète (2400m).
- Walks and activities: follow La Truite! This famous ski slope linking Mottaret centre to La Chaudanne transforms into a pleasant walk in summer. Follow the Doron river and its thematical ‘along the water’ path, look at the mountain bike riders on the wooden modules and try to climb on the artificial walls!
BY (MOUNTAIN) BIKE…
- Train yourself like a Tour de France competitor on the greatest Savoie climbs! Time your climb from Brides-les-Bains or Moûtiers thanks to the landmarks (lien).
- Meribel hosted the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Finals in 2014 and the Trial World Cup in 2013. Since then, the resort equipped itself with a great bike park: 8 DH tracks, 9 enduro tracks, 3 XC tracks, 4 lifts + ski busses with bike’s trailer, 3 bike wash stations, one after-bike area and 4 bike patrols dedicated to the upkeeping and safety.
- The Coeur équestre des 3 Vallées welcomes you at Bois d’Arbin, between Mottaret-centre and La Chaudanne for lessons and rides in the Valley. Discover their website.
ON THE GREEN
- Golf lovers are going to be thrilled! In Méribel-Altiport, dominated by Dent de Burgin, the 18 holes golf offers an amazing panorama and quality green for beginners and experts. Information here.
- And for all the family, Mottaret hosts a mini-golf !
IN THE AIR
- To enjoy the best possible view of the valley, get high! Paragliding is the good option for tranquillity and breath-taking sceneries.
- Go a bit further and fly over Tarentaise valleys and even Mont Blanc (4810m) from Méribel Altiport.
- Wander around the tree tops with Méribel adventure park, in Bois d’Arbin, between Mottaret-centre and La Chaudanne.
ON THE WATER
- For strong sensations, think about rafting, hydro speed or canyoning. Confront to the wild waters of Doron de Bozel or Isère rivers. With your friends, family and even with children!
AND THERE’S MORE…
- The Olympic Park (swimming-pool, spa, ice rink, climbing wall, etc.),
- and so much more !
Cultural and heritage activities
- A cinema in Mottaret, movies in French or Original version with French subtitles,
- Theatre in Meribel auditorium with movies, shows, theatres,
- The museum of Les Allues and muncipal library are open twice a week,
- Visit of the Baroque church in Les Allues with a guide,
- Home reserve at Tueda Lake with a showroom about the National Park and its animals, free admissions from 11am to 4pm.
- The Raffort sawmill: history of wood crafting in the valley, thematical path. More information.
Do something you won’t forget!
- Tour of the 3 Vallées by a small plane, or around Mont Blanc (an absolute must, breath-taking landscapes),
- Spend a night in a mountain hut: 2 refuges in La Traie (eco-refuge du Christ and Refuge de la Traie) or, if you prefer to sleep in the heart of Tueda Natural reserve, the Refuge du Plan. In the Vanoise National Park, the Refuge du Saut, renovated in 2013, hosts up to 25 persons (we recommend you to book in advance).
- The indoor swimming pool with its fun slide, paddling pool, etc,
- The cardio-training centre and the Spa at the Olympic Park in Méribel centre,
- Solarium and many terraces are waiting for you to enjoy the sun,
- Appreciate the numerous spas in the hotels of Méribel and Mottaret.
- Many bars with live music at the « happy hour » time,
- Restaurants and Snacks for all tastes,
- Night-Club and Bowling at the Olympic Park in Méribel.
- Smart, relax, or sportswear, lifestyle, gifts, books,
- Méribel Mottaret resort offers 3 commercial centres: in the resort centre, in the Chatelet and in the Hameau,
- A free bus travels from Mottaret to Méribel shops.
Even more sports!
- The 14m high climbing wall in the Olympic Park and another one outside along the Truite slope between Mottaret and Méribel Centre,
- Olympic Ice rink,
- Swimming pool, Aqua gym, Aqua bike,
- Cardio-fitness area.